modus health’s mission is to provide accurate and actionable physical activity data and analytics to inform clinical decision making, improve efficiency for payors, and optimize outcomes for patients. We focus on patient segments with slow or irregular gait in which our StepWatch™ technology is uniquely accurate in measuring physical activity.
modus health is a Washington, D.C.-based health care technology company. Its core technology, the StepWatch™ Activity Monitor, has been the recognized standard in collecting physical activity data for research applications for over fifteen years. That spirit of excellence in data collection and analysis is the foundation for everything modus does.
Typical mobile health solutions involving physical activity have been positioned as wellness applications for the young and the fit. modus founders saw a substantial need to develop activity-based solutions for those with slow and irregular gait – a segment of millions of people who are the most significant consumers of health care services and are not otherwise served by popular, consumer-oriented products.
modus already collects the most accurate data, but good data is only useful if it gives us actionable insights that in turn can improve care delivery. The company has developed unique algorithms for assessing function in key patient populations that set it further apart from the field. As StepWatch™ is an FDA Class II device, along with nearly two hundred peer reviewed publications attesting to its accuracy and unparalleled effectiveness, modus is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in improving the lives of those with slow and irregular gaits.
modus core values
- We are focused on growing our business with integrity, and achieving sustainable profit, so we can make a difference in the lives of individuals who use our products and maximize the benefits we provide to our partners.
- We continuously engage in open and honest communication, as it is the foundation upon which trust is built, both internally and externally, and trust is a powerful driver of progress.
- We each hold ourselves accountable to a standard of constant learning and ever improving performance as we strive for excellence, and we respectfully and supportively hold our teammates to the same standard.
- We push ourselves to be creative and innovative, and as a result we make mistakes; we treat mistakes as golden opportunities to learn and grow, while also ensuring that we don’t repeat them.
- We look in the mirror when we miss the mark or have bad results, and we look out the window to provide credit to others when we have success.
- We work hard to define our direction, be focused and simplify wherever possible, and we prioritize ruthlessly to maintain our focus, saying no to projects that do not move us toward our end goals.
- We are proud of what we do, we find joy in hard work and teamwork, and we always look to find humor and fun in our work.
- We lead by example, internally and externally.